WINMEC 2006 - Convergence+ : Mobile Enterprise
Wireless Internet for the Mobile Enterprise Consortium (WINMEC) is pleased to announce its 7th Wireless Internet Data and Enterprise Applications conference, to be held at UCLA on March 7-10, 2005. The main theme of this year's event is "Convergence". The Mobile Enterprise Forum discusses applications, technologies and lessons learnt from deploying wireless in the enterprise.
Enterprises are adopting wireless and mobile technologies rapidly since they are finding productivity and financial gains when this technology is implemented correctly. While wireless technology is changing rapidly, implementing real-solutions within the enterprise requires systemic thinking. In the context of the enterprise, convergence should result in simplification of usage and implementation. While technologies potentially result in divergence of ideas, thinking about convergence arises from the end-user who focuses on applications, data, functionality, etc., and provides the motivation for convergence. For example WiFi and 3G would eventually need to functionally converge to provide value to an enterprise. Technology and business topics discussed at this forum would include:
- Wireless for the Enterprise CIO
- Wireless Security intra- and extra-enterprise
- IEEE 802.x standards and latest developments
- WiFi hotspot services, roaming, revenue model, billing and technology
- Wireless Sensor Networks and Standards (e.g. Zigbee) for Industrial Automation
- Convergence of services between Cellular, Wi-Fi and Wi-Max Networks
- Emerging Wireless Technologies for enterprise applications
- Hardware - RFID, wCDMA, CDMA2000, 3G, 4G, UWB, ...
- Software - middleware, billing, applications